Monday, December 17, 2007

Progressive Dems

"As a progressive Democrat, I'll be voting Kucinich.

My in-laws - all Republicans in the most traditional sense of the term (small government, state rights, etc) and who have voted Republican in every election despite their frustration with the new Big Government Republican Party are thrilled with Ron Paul's platform and will be voting for him in the primaries.

I disagree with Ron Paul on a variety of issues, but I'd rather see him in the office (knowing that he seems to be the only Republican candidate who actually supports the constitution and hasn't been bought and paid for by a variety of corporate backers) than I would a Guiliani, Romney, or Clinton.

Would I vote for him as a 3rd party candidate? Probably not - if I'm going to throw my weight to a 3rd party, I'd be sure it was to a candidate who represented more of my progressive ideas (a Green vote.)

Would I vote for Ron Paul if he was the Republican candidate running against Clinton? Absolutely.
"

Posted By: DeeLo (December 6, 2007 at 2:02 PM)



No comments:

Post a Comment